Press RoomNews, Testimonials and More.
In The News
Stencyl has been featured in many high-profile publications in the areas of gaming, development, personal technology and education.
- MIT (November 7, 2014)
- Girl Gamers Get a Boost at Camp (using Stencyl)
- Gamasutra (July 29, 2014)
- These girls are ready to shape the future of game development (using Stencyl)
- Best Buy (February 5, 2014)
- Best Buy and Geek Squad Share Digital Learning in D.C. (using Stencyl)
- Lifehacker (May 31, 2013)
- How and Why to Teach Your Kids to Code
- Kotaku (January 28, 2013)
- A Beginner's Guide To Making Your First Video Game
- Lifehacker (January 17, 2013)
- Build Your Own Adobe Creative Suite with Free and Cheap Software
- San Jose Mercury News (August 17, 2012) - Chris O'Brien
- How kids can make their own video games
- Edge Magazine (August 10, 2012)
- The best of Stencyl Jam 2012
- PC & Tech Authority (April 13, 2012)
- Design your own Flash, iOS and Android games with the Stencyl 2.0 beta
- IndieGames.com (April 10, 2012)
- Indie Tools: Stencyl
- NAG Magazine (March 2012)
- Stencyl: Game development studio in a box
- Hack Education (March 16, 2012)
- Democratizing Game Creation
- MacTrast (February 1, 2012)
- Stencyl - Easily Create Great iOS Games, No Coding Required!
- Pocket Gamer (January 3, 2012)
- Pocket Gamer Interview
- Engadget (December 19, 2011)
- Stencyl: Create iOS Games without programming
- IndieGames.com (Gamasutra Network) (December 18, 2011)
- Stencyl Lets You Make iOS and Flash Games the Easy Way
- BBC Click (TV Show) (December 9, 2011)
- Build your own games
- Stuff Magazine (September 2011)
- Spotlight: Stencyl
- Wired (Sept 21, 2011)
- How Stencyl can turn anyone into a games developer
- Kongregate (Sept 2, 2011)
- Q&A with Jon, creator of Stencyl
- GameSetWatch (Gamasutra Network) (June 4, 2011)
- 2D Flash Game Maker Stencyl Released
- Free Technology for Teachers (Richard Byrne) (June 1, 2011)
- Create Games Using Stencyl
- GamePro (June 1, 2011)
- Make Your Own Games With Stencyl
- ReadWriteWeb (May 31, 2011)
- Hey Kids, Build Your Own Video Games With Stencyl
- TIGSource (May 31, 2011)
- G4TV (2010)
- Game Development Toolset Stencyl Making The Big Leap Towards Flash
- Madison Weekly (2010)
- Local teen lives dream of designing video games
The Stencyl Cog Stencyl Logos Screenshots
Here's some advice: if you've never made a game before, and want to, pick up Stencyl RIGHT NOW and try it!
Chevy Ray Johnston, Creator of FlashPunk
I've been playing with Stencyl for 3 or 4 days now, and I'm already convinced that you're sitting on top of a monumental change to how flash game development works.
Michael Gribbin, Game Designer at Storm8
I have been in the casual game space for some time now and it's not too often something really innovative comes along. Stencyl is an amazing product.
Ira Willey, Founder of AddictingGames.com
Having already finished two prototypes with the help of Stencyl (one of which might just evolve into a proper, commercial game), I frankly can't recommend it enough. It's powerful, flexible, sports an excellent level editor and, importantly, offers a fully featured free version.
Konstantinos Dimopoulos, Writer for IndieGames.com
As a graphic designer who loves making games, it's the only tool that gives me everything I need to really make things happen. Watching 10,000+ people enjoy my games, getting sponsorships-- this is stuff I've dreamt about but I never thought it'd actually happen.
Folmer Kelly, Indie Game Developer
Being able to drag and drop code blocks together has sped up my workflow so much. I was able to prototype Making Monkeys in just a few days and try out new gameplay elements very quickly.
Greg Sergeant, Indie Game Developer