Download Stencyl 3.1Build 7305 - May 23rd, 2014
What's New in Stencyl 3.1?Summary
New to Stencyl? Start Here.
Follow our crash course for beginners. You'll be creating games in no time.
Want to publish to iPhone, iPad, Android & Desktop?
Stencyl is free to use for Flash publishing. Publish to iOS, Android, Windows, Mac & Linux by upgrading today.
Are you upgrading from 3.0 or later?
Uninstall your prior copy and install the new version to the same location. There is no upgrade process for games, but as always, you should back them up.
Are you upgrading an existing game from 2.0-2.2?
Read our upgrade guide and be sure to back your games up before opening them in 3.0 (or above).
Can't even run a blank game? (The game shows "Compiling" forever)
- Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or later. Stencyl 3.0 does not work on 10.7 and below.
- Windows XP or later. Preferably not Vista.
- Ubuntu 10 or later.
Where did the sample games go?
They're now available on our Developer Center, so we can update them separately from a release.
Major Known Issues
- On Mac, you must install Stencyl to a path with *no* spaces or () in it, or games will fail to run.
- On Mac, project names must contain no spaces or () in it, or they'll fail to run.
- Games may not auto-start on an iOS Device. You must tap the icon to launch the app.