Conway's Game of Life
Sign in to rate this game.
CHANGELOG: version 1.2 now optimized slightly, with a bigger board, faster cell processing and a restart button!
Also, had to republish the game because Stencyl doesn't resize the game after it's been published once. Well...
- Space: Pause/Unpause
- Click: Toggles cell's dead/alive state
- R: Restart the game
This is my first (well, second) implementation of Conway's Game of Life, a cellular automaton that works like this:
- If a dead cell is surrounded by 3 live cells, it will become alive
- If a live cell is surrounded by 3 or 4 live cells, it will continue to live
- If a live cell is surrounded by less than 3 or more than 4 neighbors, it will die
And from there, some patterns can be derived. For example, try making the logo of this game in the board. It'll create a neat effect. :D
- Optimize the main game loop
- Add changeable parameters (board size and Conway parameters)