We finally have a Beta version up! The following features are included in the current version (2.0):
- Endless procedurally generated dungeon
- Permadeath! Get as far as you can!
- 4 hero classes, each with a distinct style of play
- 6 different character portraits for each class, with matching character sprites
- 13 unique monsters, including 3 elite bosses
- Lock and Key system that requires you to defeat an elite monster every 3 levels in order to progress
- 40 different Lore fragments that drop randomly throughout the dungeon
- 12 different powerups to enhance your character (dropped from monsters, and found inside chests and destructible objects)
- Merchants that sell powerups for coins (collected throughout the dungeon); a merchant is currently guaranteed to spawn every 4 levels
- NPCs that provide extra lore
- 4 different difficulty levels to customize your play experience
Things still to come (hopefully):
- Tweaking stats for better game balance
- More tilesets so the dungeon will change randomly as you progress
- Improved controls (or maybe even custom?)
- More monsters!
- More NPC sprites
- More environment graphics
Major Updates in 1.5:
- More monster types
- Three unique bosses that spawn randomly every 3 levels
- NPCs with dialogue for the player to read
- Merchants that sell power ups in exchange for coins (currently, a merchant always spawns every 4 levels, and rarely spawns randomly other times)
- Changeable character portraits
Updates in 1.4:
- Added the Rogue class.
- Added various decorations and features to the Dungeon, including breakable objects and chests that can be opened.
- Added more monster types.
- Added Lore that the player can discover as they venture further in the dungeon.
Updates in 1.3:
- Improved (I hope) the dungeon generator by making each floor smaller, with rooms closer together
- Number of rooms on each floor is now variable, so each dungeon floor feels less like every other floor
- Enemy projectiles can now be blocked with the player attack
- Mana cost of power attack slightly reduced
- Automatic character limit on the name input screen implemented
- Collision shapes tweaked a bit for enemies
- Mage class added