Publishing to the Chrome Store
by Jon (Updated on 2015-10-17)
- Customizing the Page
- Testing Your App Locally
Stencyl supports publishing of its Flash games to the Chrome Web Store.
The Chrome Web Store is an app store that allows web apps and games to be installed to the user’s home screen in the Google Chrome web browser. The most successful apps have garnered millions of installs.
Select Publish > Web > Chrome Web Store from the main menu. You'll then get presented with the following dialog.
- Fill in the details. You need to provide a name, description, version and both a 16x16 and a 128x128 PNG icon. These details will be saved, so you only have to enter them in once.
Note: Provide icons in PNG format. No other format will be accepted, even if they comply with the size.
Export and Publish
Stencyl will now export a ZIP file, which you'll upload to Google's servers. We redirect you to Google's page, which explains the rest of the process.
The exact details of the process may change, but in short, on top of the ZIP file we provide, Google wants you to...
- Enter in more details about your app.
- Provide screenshots of the app.
- Provide a promotional banner for the app.
- Specify whether the app is free or paid.
- Pay Google a one-time fee to publish.
How to Customize the Page
If you want to customize the look of the webpage that wraps your "app," unzip the ZIP file and edit the enclosed HTML document. Rezip and republish.
How to Test Your App Locally (on your computer)
Publish the app through Stencyl, as detailed above.
Take the ZIP file and unzip it.
Launch Google Chrome.
Click on the Menu. Navigate to Window > Extensions.
Enable the Developer Mode checkbox if it isn’t enabled.
Click Load unpacked extension... and select the folder for the app that you just unzipped in step (2).
- Open a new tab. Click on the Apps button in the bottom bar. Your app should be there!
Print Article Edit Article How to Edit an Article
Note: These details may change as Chrome evolves and moves things around. Let us know in the comments if things fall out of date, or submit an edit to this article on Github.
Do Iads work on the chrome web store?
@christhegreat: This has been fixed in the nightly.
doesnt work...... u need version 2