Abigayl's Interactive Tutorials (Part 1)
by Joe (Updated on 2012-07-21)
Tutorial 1 - The Basics
CHANGES TO CURRENT STENCYL VERSION:
- Game Center is now Dashboard
- No longer need to make Actor Behaviors; can use "Events" tab instead
- Now need to use "Add an Event" at the top left to make the headings
- If using events, do not need to "Attach to Actor" (still needed with Behaviors though)
- Collisions Groups are now in the Settings button at the top of the page
- Collisions between Actors are now handled by collision events (use "Member of Group" and change the group to "Actors")
Liked this one? See them all!
Disclaimer: All articles are geared towards Stencyl 3.0 and above. Use comments to provide feedback and point out issues with the article (typo, wrong info, etc.). If you're seeking help for your game, please ask a question on the forums. Thanks!